Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sorry everybody. I was overloaded with my documentary last week. However, you have no worry because I am back!!!

I went to Chang Win’s room after cutting my hair in one utama in the evening.

“Do you want to watch movie tonight? DRAGONBALL!” he asked me.

Even though I didn’t really interested in that movie, but I still agreed to join them (Shun Jing & little ghost). It’s time for me to relax after so much hard work and sleepless night. To me, the movie should something hilarious. I need laughter since it is generally known as the best cure.

We bought the 8.45pm session. Our seats were at the third row but I didn’t really care because I didn’t want to spoil their mood.

The story started with the main character, Goku practicing kungfu with his grandpa, Gohan. It’s a very simple and normal start. Nothing special.

Next, the acting skills of the actors and actress really sucked. They were just fooling around rather than acting. Their facial expression didn’t match with their dialogue. They looked pretty fake in acting. Stephen Chow was the only actor who was good at acting in that movie.

The movie was full of special effects. You might think that it’s better to have a lot of effect since the movie was supernatural in nature. However, too much cooks spoil the soup. Special effect should function leaving a strong impact in audience. In fact, too much computer effects made the movie looked so fake and untrue. Frankly speaking, I couldn’t feel anything.

Dragonball should be an action movie but in fact it didn’t. the fighting scenes were quite blurred and we hardly felt the tense of the atmosphere. The killing of the villain was quite easy. They only hit each other with their strongest ability and it ended in a few second. (Of course it was Goku killed the villain.) besides, the transform of Goku into a gorilla was quite blurred.

The plot of the movie also quite lousy. It didn’t leave any suspense in us to attract our direction. It was so direct and predictable. As an audience, I expected for suspense and surprise but I didn’t get any of them. The plot didn’t interested me a lot. I only realized the climax after I discussed with my friends after the movie. It was so unnoticeable.

Some of the computer effects were lousy as well. If you know dragonball, Goku can transform into a gorilla. He did transform but only a small one just like how power ranger transform. The “shen long” or dragon was also a small one. Instead of dragon, serpent was a better name for that. I was so disappointed with it. I expected a very hugh one , shining in the light.

As a whole, the movie was extremely lousy. I am not going to another edition if it comes out dragonball two!!

2 comments:

  1. Lousy!!! haha.. finally u post again.
    Aiya. If it's that bad then i duwan to watch lo.. See how influential media is. If i hadn't seen and read this post then MAYBE i would have gone to see it. Why should i trust your judgement anyway. Who knows i might find it good. But, aiya what to do.. media (franky) influence is so strong....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha~
    extremely lousy mvie..
    i watched it and i feel like crying when they did such thing to mu goku-san..
    arrgghhhh!!!
    i hate the movie!!
    the worst live action movie ever

    ReplyDelete